I was tagged by two fantastic bloggers to do this tag, thank you Mariana @fireheartbooks and The Orang-Utan Librarian! I have already done this one, it was the first tag I ever did, but it’s been a while and I can assure you that not many people have seen it. That’s why I decided to ‘repost’ it. Hereby The Reader Problems Book Tag.
- You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Most of the time I go and visit Goodreads to look what my friends and the people I follow are thinking of a certain book. Their meaning and mostly just how much the story appeals to me myself make me decide which book I want to read next. When I have started a new series that I really liked, the choice is much easier; I read the next instalment. It sounds as if I haven’t got any problems with this, but you have to know that it takes me a whole lot of time to finally decide.
- You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I have to admit that I’m not always committed. When I really don’t like a book, for example allegiant, by Veronica Roth, I tend to quit and sometimes do. But I haven’t come across many books that I totally didn’t like. What I sometimes try to do is put the book down and go read another book first and then come back to it later. It helps.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
This year is actually the first time I did a Goodreads reading challenge. I came across it like halfway through the year, unfortunately. So my reading challenge isn’t that high and I already made it. So we’ll see how it goes next year, when I get to set my goal higher than I did this year.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don’t. When it’s a series I totally love, I want them to match. When they’re not the same height, it isn’t really a big problem, I can see through that after a while. But I like matching covers. It also makes a difference whether I like the covers or not. When they’re not that pretty, It’s not a must have, but when they are, it surely is.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I really don’t care. It’s my personal opinion. I don’t see the problem in thinking differently. It’s the same as loving a book everyone hates. It won’t make me hate the book too instead. So I would probably still post about it on my blog and put my review on goodreads, to share it with you guys. There will surely be people who agree with me. I hope.
- You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I have never cried over a book. I think I’m not really a crier. I do have read some books that made me really sad, angry or very happy. So I felt the emotions on the inside, but it never made me cry. So I have never dealt with this problem.
- A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
I have never done that before. Maybe because of the fact that from most of the series I have read, every book had already been published. I also don’t forget that much, and most of the time when I start reading the sequel the things that I did forget will come back to me.
- You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I have lent my books to people before and when I got them back, they weren’t the same anymore.. and I did not like that at all. So I just tell them honestly why I don’t do that anymore. To some people I trust, I still do, but I tell them to be careful. And when they don’t understand, they won’t get a book from me.
- Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I would just not read for a while. Do other things that I like, such as watching tv shows or movies, writing, or some other stuff. Eventually I will come back to reading and I will be able to read all 5 of the books I had put down earlier. Rereading one of my favourite books will help too.
- There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I can’t really tell. If I have got enough money and I am feeling like it, I will buy as many of them as possible. When I don’t feel like it, I will only buy a few. The one’s that I am eager to read and to own.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Just as long as it takes me to read them one after the other. I will choose one and when I’m finished, I will pick up the next one in line.
I know a lot of you guys have already done this tag, but if you haven’t, I’m tagging you!