Day 2 : Favourite Christmas tradition new or old
- Include the photo below in each blog post
- You may start at any point in December
- Use the topic supplied for the post of that day
- Make sure all posts are in December, but they don’t have to be posted consecutively (lets face it it’s a busy time)
- Nominate 3 people after each blog to start the challenge
- Have fun!
My favorite Christmas tradition:
Like I said in one of my recent post, the dashing through the snow book tag, I kind of made my own ‘tradition’. Almost every year the movie The polar express comes on TV and every year again I watch it. I loved the movie the first time I saw it, so it became a sort of tradition for me. (I can even sing along with the songs!)
But as an actual Christmas tradition I’m going with decorating the house and the Christmas tree. Note that in my country Christmas isn’t that big. We celebrate something else, but it’s still somewhere in the trend of Santa Claus. Children getting gifts etc. So there aren’t a lot of Christmas traditions here. I love decorating the house, because it’s fun to do, it looks lovely and makes the house feel even cozier. In my country, when people are older and we celebrate Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas), we pull straws with names on it. And for the person you have drawn, you buy a present and you write a poem or/and you disguise the presents creatively. Haha I don’t now how to explain it, but it’s very fun! My family and I still do this, only than around Christmas time.