Thank you Mariana @ Fireheartbooks for nominating me for the infinity dreams award!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about you
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
11 facts about me
- I’m from Holland and compared to the Dutch inhabitants, I’m very small.
- I’m currently having a gap year and I’m working a lot.
- I’m planning to work as a volunteer, probably somewhere in Asia or Africa, sometime next year.
- I really love to dance and I do it a lot. My dance crew and I even gained a first place last season at the national championships.
- I hate it when I can hear other people eating. I just can’t stand it.
- I also have a slight dread of dirt and filth. You won’t see me touching doorknobs or such things in public spaces.
- Which is the reason I fell multiple times on an escalator in public, because I refuse to touch it. Not my best move, I can tell you that.
- I really love music! I can listen to music non-stop, I also listen to music while I’m reading. And I only have to hear a song twice to know the lyrics, which annoys my parents a lot, because I can sing along to almost every song on my Spotify list. And it is a very long list.
- I volunteered at a music festival in my country called Lowlands this year. We had our own ‘private’ campsite and it was backstage next to a tent where a lot of great artists such as years & years, Kodaline, James Bay, All time low and Twenty one Pilots would perform (a few of my favourite artists. I was such a lucky person). And we actually saw All time low backstage and we took a picture with them (not that we had planned it or so… or that we went backstage early on purpose..). Haha I really hate to do such things, but it was an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and we just couldn’t let it slip away.
- When I was seven years old, I fell with my arm on a kerb while I was roller skating. It did hurt a lot at that time, but I could still do everything with it. So I went to the fair in my town for three days until my parents and I finally decided that seeing a doctor would be a good idea, because my arm started to swell up. And it turned out that my arm was actually broken. Oops.
- I also had a Kermisoog once, that’s what it is called in Dutch. I don’t know what it is called in English, but it actually means that you’ve got a metal splinter in your eye. So the doctor had to take it out with a special drill and I went to school that day with an eyepatch on. Very charming. It actually turned out to be international pirate day that day. So credits to me for the planning of this thing.
My answers to Mariana’s questions:
- What is your favourite holiday?
I think I’m going with Christmas. It’s because of the cozy atmosphere and all the love and happiness that comes with it. And of course all the lovely food.
- What was the last dream you remember having?
I really don’t know why, but I seem to never remember my dreams. I can’t think of any. But I do talk in my sleep (this could’ve been a fact about me) and I once screamed for help, so I guess my dreams are rather interesting and exciting, or just really weird and scary.
- Do you prefer chocolate or cookies?
I prefer cookies. I love cookies. But chocolate is great too. I’m going with chocolate cookies.
- Who is you favourite writer?
This is a hard question for me. Because I find it difficult to compare contemporary writers with fantasy writers. It’s so different. I love the books of J.K Rowling, Rick Riordan and Cassandra Clare so they belong to my list of favourite authors. But I think I will go with Joe Abercrombie as a fantasy writer this time. I have only read one book by him, but his writing style is just amazing and he is really funny. He really impressed me. I’m going with Benjamin Alire Sáenz as a contemporary writer, because I can’t get Aristotle and Dante out of my head. And the way he writes is very lyrical and I love that! He is the only author that almost made me cry and that’s a hard thing to do.
- Do you prefer reading or writing?
I love both! I love to read, obviously, but I also love writing. My head is full of stories that I just need to get out.
- Do you read/write fanfiction?
I have never read or wrote any fanfiction.
- What’s your dream job?
I just really don’t know. I’m interested in a lot of things and I want to do and learn everything, which is kind of my problem and also the reason why I’m having a gap year. I’m still trying to figure this out. Being a writer is definitely on the list.
- Do you have/want pets?
I haven’t anymore. When I was little I had various hamsters. They had a great life. After that I got Rabbits. They both didn’t pass their second birthday. The first got a brain haemorrhage. And the second got a stomach infection and a dental disease. He needed an operation and they anesthetized him, but he was way too weak and got paralyzed because of it. So we had to put him down. And now I’m not allowed to get a new rabbit anymore, unfortunately.
I hope it’s okay that I won’t be nominating any people, because my connection isn’t that big yet and 11 is a lot. I also have very recently tagged some already and there are a lot of these going around now and I don’t want to bother them too much haha. Next time I will definitely be nominating people again.